Lastly, readers, let me share my favorite recipe for pie crust. I love this recipe!!!
PIE CRUST (EXCELLENT)
12 tablespoons very cold unsalted butter
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/3 cup very cold vegetable shortening
6 -8 tablespoons ice water (about 1/2 cup)
- Dice the butter and return it to the refrigerator while you prepare the flour mixture
- Place the flour, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a steel blade and pulse a few times to mix.
- Add the butter and shortening.
- Pulse 8 to 12 times, until the butter is the size of peas.
- With the machine running, pour the ice water down the feed tube and pulse the machine until the dough begins to form a ball.
- Dump out on a floured board and roll into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough in half.
- Roll each piece on a well-floured board into a circle, rolling from the center to the edge, turning and flouring the dough to make sure it doesn’t stick to the board.
- Fold the dough in half, place in a pie pan, and unfold to fit the pan.
- Repeat with the top crust.
I hope your family and friends consider you one of the best holiday cooks this season. With these recipes, you cannot miss! I also hope your holiday time will be one to remember, shared with family and friends. I send my best to you and yours, with deep appreciation for your following, “Among Ourselves.” Thank you, one and all.